In the mid 1950’s this quaint building held its first school lessons. 50 years later this former school house building situated on a hilltop village in the heart of the stunning Douro Valley has been loving converted by friend and business partner Francisco to now offer a stunning holiday home for all to enjoy.
The Douro Valley is recognised as a World Heritage Area and over the years has started to attract visitors from all over the world. There are now many activities to enjoy for young and old. Sailing, River Surfing, Stan Up Paddle, Fishing, Kayaking, Wine Tours, Boat Trips with lunch on board, Sunset Tours etc.
As you can see from our video link on YouTube (https://goo.gl/Tb1WP5) the villa enjoys uninterrupted views of the stunning landscape of vineyards and olive groves of the Douro Valley.
The air is clean and fresh and the nature around you is peaceful, tranquil and unspoilt.
Yet these wonderful elements are only just over an hour from Porto International airport and 6 minutes from the quaint riverside town of Pinhao, which even has its own railway station that connects to Porto
We and our super housekeeper Carla are here to make sure you make the most of your visit to the Douro and the North of Portugal.
What makes this holiday home different?
1. HEATED POOL** AND AIR CONDITIONING – a rare combination found in other local villas
2. We welcome you with Port Wine and a delicious homemade cake.
3. For those of our guests staying 7 nights or longer we provide FREE of charge a 3 course dinner with wines during your stay
4. Every morning at a time to suit you, Carla will come (discreetly via the kitchen entrance) and prepare a delicious breakfast and serve you every morning, so you can start the day with a smile and no stress! Have a look at our video and picture gallery and see the typical breakfast we serve!
5. Upon request and where possible we can receive a pre-arrival shopping list, and have it stored in the kitchen!
6. Upon request we can have our chef make dinner more meals for you and even do wine pairings and tastings
7. We can provide you many suggestions for places to go for dinner in the local area
8. We have a wonderful tried and tested portfolio of excursions, wine tours, boat trips (optional lunch on board), river sports activities etc.
9. When remaining at the house why not enjoy activities for both adults and children to enjoy – for example board games, garden games, pool table, wi-fi, satellite TV, good music sound system etc.
We have a ‘can do’ mentality and our pro-active attitude and mind-set is what makes the difference between a good holiday and truly memorable one!
The main part of the villa is the traditional school house which has been loving restored to the highest level. The traditional elements of the house have merged together with a more modern contemporary part providing a wonderful fusion of ‘new and old’
The living space is wonderfully comprised of the 3 areas with high ceilings, large bright windows.
There is a cute fun hallway designed like a traditional school classroom complete with black board and traditional school desks. Many of our guests enjoy the nostalgia associated with the design and their children are often bemused to see how class room design used to be back in the 50’s and 60’s!
The rest of the living space, as you can see from the picture gallery, includes a good sized dining area, ideal for indoor gatherings to enjoy great food and wine and the spacious open relaxed lounge area. Note both these areas are served by a double sided central fireplace, a nice feature at any time of the year but especially pleasant in the winter season.
The kitchen is spacious, well equipped and practical. Many of our guests comment on how well equipped it is and how much they enjoyed cooking during their stay.
There are 4 very comfortable good sized bedrooms all en-suite, which accommodate 8 people.
This is a spacious bright double bedroom with direct access to the garden via large glass sliding doors. The bedroom has an en-suite bathroom
Another wonderful bright and spacious double bedroom with direct access to the gardens via large sliding glass doors. This bedroom also has an en-suite bathroom
This is the master bedroom – which is the largest bedroom and commands stunning views of the valley below. There is a very large en-suite bathroom. The bedroom has a sofa which can be converted into a bed to sleep an extra person
This bedroom is also upstairs and has twin beds and an en-suite. There are also ‘roller’ beds underneath each bed to provide sleeping for an extra 2 guests ( we recommend teenagers/children).
There is a ‘pool house’ in the garden, just a few steps away from the house. This is a great space for all the family to enjoy. There is a pool table, a music sound system and even wi-fi are all provided with comfortable seating too for you to sit and relax.
The pool is a good size for leisure and enjoys superb views across the valley.
All the rooms in the house enjoy wi-fi coverage and are all air-conditioned for your comfort.
Outdoor tables, deck chairs, sun parasols and a built in BBQ are all provided for your comfort.
There are even out door games such as garden dominos provided.
*** Upon Advance request***
Organizing tours and experiences in the Douro region
Attendance of a tour guide
*MEALS AT HOME*
Dinner and other meals (lunch or dinner)
Price per person / meal 40.00 €
Children 6-12 years old 15.00 €
Children up to 5 years old Free
Meals are prepared at home upon prior/advance request
Minimum 4 people
Please note the complimentary dinner is only applicable for stays of 7 nights or more
**Heated Pool is available upon request – and is 150€
- Adults: 8
- Amenities: Air conditioning, Balcony, BBQ, Countryside Views, Dining area, Fireplace, Flat-screen TV, Free parking, Free WiFi, Heated Pool, Mountain Views, Outdoor pool, Pool Table, Terrace
- View: Douro Valley, Countryside,
- Size: 295m²
- Bed Type: 3 Queen 2 Single 2 Roll-Away Beds 1 Soda Bed 1 Cot
- Categories: Douro Valley