Villa ‘CDG’ is a beautifully restored house, with stunning views of the UNESCO World Heritage Site called the ‘Douro Valley’ – situated only a few minutes from the very cute riverside town of Pinhao and only about 1 hour from Porto.
The Douro Valley is recognised as a World Heritage Area and over the years has started to attract visitors from all over the world. There are now many activities to enjoy for young and old. Sailing, River Surfing, Stan Up Paddle, Fishing, Kayaking, Wine Tours, Boat Trips with lunch on board, Sunset Tours etc.
As you can see from our video link on YouTube (https://goo.gl/PesevG) the villa enjoys uninterrupted views of the stunning landscape of vineyards and olive groves of the Douro Valley.
The air is clean and fresh and the nature around you is peaceful, tranquil and unspoilt.
Yet these wonderful elements are only just over an hour from Porto International airport and 6 minutes from the quaint riverside town of Pinhao, which even has its own railway station that connects to Porto.
We are here to make sure you make the most of your visit to the Douro and the North of Portugal.
Wonderful Quality Villa
Air Conditioned throughout
Private Pool with stunning views
Games Room with Pool Table, Music System, Wifi and Air Conditioning
FREE Delicious Daily Breakfast
Satellite TV & Wifi – Many English, German and French Channels
5 Minutes from The Cute Riverside Village of Pinhao
Just over an hour from Porto by Car
Local Pinhao train station, trains to Porto
This home has been finished with the highest standard of local materials, local stone, wood and other hand crafted materials.
There are many homes to rent available in the Douro, but this house is very different and offers something special to our guests.
What makes this holiday home different?
1. Carla, our housekeeper comes every morning at a time agreeable to you and discreetly enters through the kitchen door and prepares a beautiful breakfast. You wanted some scrambled eggs on toast? No problem just ask her – she is very obliging.
Breakfast is made and served for you every morning – start the day with a smile and no stress!
2. Welcome drink and cake – Carla meets and greets you upon arrival. After helping you get check-in she offers you some homemade cake and a welcome Port Wine or a soft drink for the children.
3. Carla organises with you upon arrival when you would like to enjoy your complimentary meal which includes local wines (exclusive for guests staying 7 nights or more)
4. You receive a free mobile phone with a local SIM card, already pre-loaded with 10 Euros for local calls to make your life a little easier – perhaps to call a local restaurant reservation or maybe to book one of our many exciting local activities.
5. We provide you a Tablet – to use during your stay with us. You will find pre-loaded lots of links to information of local amenities and activities
6. Carla the housekeeper lives only a short drive from the house. If you decide you would like to have a lunch or a dinner at home, she can work with you to make that happen. We offer a fabulous range of local typical dishes including local wines and the prices are very reasonable (see below). That way you can relax sit back and not worry – she even will go out and buy the ingredients!
8. We have collaborated with local activity providers who can now offer you as one of our guests a range of special exclusive offers, for example Boat Trip with Picnic on board, a visit to local winery and wine tastings, a day on a sailing boat and swimming in the river. Whatever you need let us know and we can help arrange it for you.
So where are we?
Amazingly – although the villa is in the Douro Valley is in the heartland of the interior of North Portugal – it’s just over an hour from Porto International Airport!
So what about the house itself?
Inside you can sense the fusion of traditional and contemporary comfort that has been created to make this a truly relaxing home.
The villa provides 3 bedrooms and normally sleeps 6 people
However, you can see from the pictures there is a nice office/study which can be prepared with a sofa bed to provide an extra 2 sleeping places. Furthermore we can provide a fold down bed for an extra guest. Please see below supplement prices for this facility.
Each of the 3 bedroom has their own private en-suite bathroom. The house is ari conditioned throughout to ensure you are comfortable. The views from the two master bedrooms are simply stunning!
There is a very spacious lounge and dining area with wonderful views. There is also a fireplace and salamander making the house very cosy during the winter, which means the house has been designed to provide maximum comfort throughout the entire year.
The kitchen is very well equipped should you decide to cook for your family and friends, we also have an outdoor bbq.
There is great outdoor swimming pool with stunning views across the valley.
The pool and the surrounding outdoor areas all light up at night making it really fun to sit outside and enjoy the warm evenings swimming and dining.
There is a 4 poster lounge area for you to lie down and just relax and enjoy the views situated on an elevated position above the pool! (see the photos)
On the opposite side of the house and pool area, is a games room. It is equipped with a pool table, TV, many board games and a music system, there is even wifi. This is a great area to sit, chill and relax dy or night, for adults and/or children.
The riverside village of Pinhao – which is 8 minutes by car – is a must! It is very, very cute, has good restaurants, great butcher, charcuterie, bakery,cafe etc. It also has a train station which has regular trains to Porto City Centre, Regua or further up the river towards Spain, making it an ideal way to spend a day trip.
There are plenty of superb vineyards all nearby with easy access – all the roads and connections are excellent and nothing is too far away for you to access and explore!
Daily Breakfast Included
3 en-suite bedrooms with hairdryer
3 extra beds and 1 baby cot
Living room and dining room with a fire place, TV and sound system
Fully equipped kitchen (no gas at home)
Air conditioning and heating
Satellite TV 70 channels
Free wifi internet
Safe in the main bedroom
Fire protection system
First aid kit
Swimming pool, sun loungers and pool towels
Dining area with barbecue and sunshade
Snooker room with sound system and TV
Laundry equipped with washing and drying machine
Terrace with panoramic views
Evening Meal Prices – Upon Request
Price per person / meal 35.00 €
Children 6-12 years old 15.00 €
Children up to 5 years old Free
Extra Guest Above 6 up to 9 Persons 40€ each